Faculty of Business and Communication Studies
2021 National Conference
Virtual Edition, June 1st 2021
COVID-19 PANDEMIC: CHALLENGES and OPPORTUNITIES FOR DEVELOPMENT
As the globe gets attuned to the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic, we must continue to reflect on the disruptive powers of the most critical health challenge known to humanity in this century. The pandemic has recorded an unprecedented number of causalities, crippled the global economy, imposed existential changes on social relationship and further seeks to determine how life is lived on our planet.
The historic restrictions (physical and social) lockdowns, travel bans, business shutdowns of the pandemic era distressed many individuals and business concerns while windows of opportunities were created for others.
Divergent views continue to emerge over how best to handle the COVID 19 pandemic effects and how to create/construct a strong catalyst for the development of the Nigerian state, cognizant of the fact that it is a country with a plethora of opportunities for economic development.
Such thoughts have propelled the exigencies for the mounting of the 2021 Faculty of Business and Communication Studies’ virtual National Conference on COVID-19 Pandemic: Prospects and Challenges for Socio-Economic Development in Nigeria.
The e-conference is, therefore, aimed at providing opportunities for academics and thinkers from a range of disciplines to share their knowledge and latest research findings.
Authors, scholars and researchers are invited to submit abstracts of no more than 250 words, relevant to and connected with the various sub-themes of the conference listed below.
1. Election Administration in COVID-19 pandemic era
2. The new normal of COVID-19 experience and realization of SDG Objectives
3. Learning in COVID-19 era: The Role of Technology in Nigeria Educational system
4. New office and productivity in the COVID-19 era
5. Public Health and Information management in COVID-19 Nigeria
6. Gender and socio vices in COVID -19 era
7. Impact of COVID-19 lockdown on socio and economic well-being of families in Nigeria
8. Impact of COVID -19 prevention protocols on socio-cultural life in Nigeria
9. Economic impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable groups in Nigerian Society
10. Entertainment Industry: survival, opportunities and creativity in COVID -19 era
11. Practice of Marketing and Business Opportunities in the COVID-19 era
12. Digital media as tools for effective communication during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
13. Social media and youth restiveness during COVID-19 pandemic
14. Science and conspiracy theories on COVID-19
15. COVID-19 Pandemic: Impact and implications on supply chain management
16. Procurement risk management during the covid-19 pandemic: the Nigerian experience
17. Opportunities and challenges for SME development in COVID-19 Nigeria
18. Impact of COVID-19 on entrepreneurial activities in Nigeria
19. Office application advancement and secretarial challenges during COVID -19 pandemic
20. Technological Innovations and COVID -19 Adaptations
21. COVID -19: Science and Engineering response to global challenge
22. The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on language
23. Language and the management of COVID-19 pandemic
(Any topic(s) Relevant to the main theme will also be accepted)
Meet Our HOSTS & Lead Speakers
Prof. Kazeem Adebiyi
Rector, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Nigeria
Dr. Oladunni A. Akinola
Dean, Faculty of Business and Communication Studies
The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Nigeria
Prof Amos Oyesoji AREMU
Professor of Counselling and Criminal Justice in the Department of Counselling and Human Development Studies, University of Ibadan.
Keynote Speaker & Chairman
Prof Olanrewaju Olaniyan
Professor of Economics at the department of Economics, University of Ibadan
Lead Paper Presenter
Registration is ongoing …
Conference Fees: $50 or N7,500 only.
Students’ Fees: N4,000
To register, kindly make payment to:
Account Name: FBCS Conference
First Bank: 3116286636
Wema Bank: 012273829
For other enquiries, please contact:
Mr Muiwa Ojo – Chairman LOC
Dr A.M. Olupona – Secretary LOC
Follow us on Social Media
Copyright © 2021 Poly FBCS Conference. All Rights Reserved.